A man was shot to death and two women were wounded in separate attacks on the Far South Side today, police said.
The man, 18, was shot in the head in the 10400 block of South Green Street about 8 p.m., said Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Daniel O'Brien. The circumstances of the shooting were not immediately available.
Two women were shot near 102nd and State streets a little before 1:45 p.m. and ran into Rose Ridge Foods, 10500 S. Michigan Ave., for help.
"I know both of them. They ran in here," said store owner Tom Sweis. One of the women screamed, "I'm shot, I'm shot," he said.
"When I heard that, I called police," Sweis said. "I saw the blood, I saw the bullet hole in her chest.  She was walking around, I hope she'll be OK."
The women did not say how they had been shot. "You can't really know," he said.
"They're very nice people, very friendly," he said, adding that the woman shot in the chest "comes in sometimes with her kids."
The shooting took place about 1:45 p.m., and the victim who suffered a gunshot wound to the chest was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in serious condition, said Chicago Police Department News Affairs Officer Daniel O'Brien. The second victim was taken to Roseland Hospital, where her condition had stabilized.
The victim taken to Christ Medical Center was in serious-to-critical condition when first taken to the hospital, and the second victim was initially in fair-to-serious condition, according to the Chicago Fire Department's news office.
Check back for updates.